Using the Lua C module provide in Clouw Wu blog(Chinese only), implment a Debug VM, and use NodeJS implment a Chrome Debugging Protocol Server, then we can use Chrome built-in [DevtTools][devtoosl] as intractive frontend.
The idea is inspired by Facebook Stetho, it use DevTools to debug Android.
- Remote debug model, Lua module, server, GUI frontend can run in difference system.
- Data inspector, circular references, non-string key, inspect metatable and call stack.
- Breakpoint debugging, pause on line, on funciton call/return, on probe name, support blacklist
- Single step debugging, run code in step over, step into and step out.
- View variable values in pausing state, include stack, local and upvalue
- Pause on condition, watch expressions and debugger context REPL
- Source interactive, file system tree, code hightlight, logging, and source location
This still is a experimental project, no warranty or support is provided, view TODO list
Mare work fine on below Lua environments, some of them should build with Lua 5.3 interpreter.
- ejoy2d game engine framework
- fcitx Linux Chinese input method framework
- love2d game engine framework
- nmap network scanner
- torch machine learning framework
- vim text editor